Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

This has been an all around enjoyable vacation I would say. I have had plenty of rest. I have spent time with someone I love, I have tried new things, I have spent a lot of money. These are all things that must be done on any respectable vacation. I will be honest though, I was kind of hopping for a bit more down time. It has seemed in order to fit everything we wanted to do into our tight schedule, we had to constantly be on the run. I did get to sleep in for a long time this morning, and to top it off Corinne and I bummed around for a few hours in her sisters bed until we had to leave. I made eggs, we showered and got ready, then left to get our hair did.

Corinne's Mom is a cosmetologist? I think that's right...anyway she cuts and styles hair along with other beauty related things at a little place in Temecula. This was mostly something we where doing for Corinne. She had not had her hair done in almost nine months because I guess no one but her Mom can do it right. I look at it as a way they can spend some time together while Corinne is here so it was kinda cute. It is scary how much you notice the similarities between Mother and daughter when they are in an environment like that. You start to just notice the little mannerisms that they share, and find yourself wondering who rubbed off on who.

See, if i had my way I would have spent this time at home sleeping, or catching up on the MLG Providence matches I missed over the week, but Corinne can't drive the car, so someone had to take her. It wasn't all bad because at least I did get a free haircut out of it, and if nothing more, to get to know Corinne's Mom a little better. I have been looking for a good opportunity to inform her mother at some point that I will be marrying her daughter at some point in the future, and I don't if I just haven't found the right moment or just not enough courage. This is defiantly a new experience for me, and its among the most nerve racking as well. I must do it though, because if I don't I am a sissy! Plus, if she takes the news badly, at least I will die with nice hair.

Corinne looks amazing, and I love her new hair. An already beautiful person, is now even more so! In celebration of hair and hunger we went to a place called The Tilted Kilt. It's a lot like a Hooters, but with better food and hotter waitresses. It is a cool place, but I don't think Utahans would approve much. Too much skin and booze.

Upon arriving back at the house, we found that Corinne's Aunt had shown up with her two children. Her almost two year old is way cute and ran around playing with us all night. Her other son is only four weeks old and so small, but as far as babies go, I guess he is pretty adorable. More lounging on her sisters bed was followed by a dish her Mom calls Pizza Bubbles. I guess its just the tubed style rolls dropped into a deep dish, covered in sauce and cheese, then baked. I loved it! So simple but yet so comforting.

Well I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving! Eat a lot of Turkey, watch football and movies, be with friends and loved ones, and sleep until you just can't take another snore. I will report on the Castle feast as soon as I can, time willing. We will have to leave around 3:30 AM on Friday in order to get Corinne back in time for work, so wish us luck and have a happy holiday everyone!

Peace and <3

No comments:

Post a Comment