Sunday, November 20, 2011

King of the Castle

And on the seventh day, Quinn rested, and boy is it nice! After such a long drive yesterday it was nice to just relax the day away in a castle! I'm staying in a room that is decorated to look like that of a mid-evil castle, and I have to say, its pretty cool! I have swords on my wall, and I haven't had that since I was a teenager! It is a little strange going from a bed that is only a little over a foot tall to one I have to jump to get on to but oh well. There is a suit of armor, and some chain mail with a helm. I even have some old handcuffs and and a leather whip! (yes I am smiling wickedly right now)

I think the best part of this place has to be the kitchen. I am such a foodie and that proves it. They have one of those stoves with a full griddle, two ovens, and six burners! Oh yeah and three refrigerators, and stand alone ice maker! So naturally I had to make grilled cheese right? that's the only natural reaction I could get used to living in a place like this for sure. Though if I did I would be cooking a lot more then I do. But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

We spent some time after lunch watching a lifetime movie on J.K Rowling's life and I have to say that since I have been reading the Harry Potter books recently, it was pretty interesting. I have a bit more respect for her now that I know more about her pre billion dollar past. Then followed by a very funny stint watching Last Man Standing with Tim Allen. The show is really funny by itself, but watching it with Corinne's Mom made it awesome! She wouldn't stop talking about how funny the show is and during the show itself laughed so hard it made everyone else laugh just as hard.

I once again played the part of World of Warcraft missionary, the only difference is now I have a companion. Corinne made her sister Courtney play and guess what? she liked it ha ha! Yet another person who falls in love with the best game the world has seen. She played a Worgan rogue, and picked it up faster then even Corinne did. It's always fun for me to watch the different people I have brought to the game play. So many of them have gone into it with the opinion that they will hate it, or that it won't be that fun. I have yet to find a single person who has sat down and played it for real and not loved it. Their smarmy smirks turn into smiles of enjoyment and they don't even realize they are doing it. Now just to get Courtney an account of her own!

We had a wonderful dinner of Pap and Flace, a traditional South African meal of corn meal mash with a spicy tomato curry and sausage. I have tried to make this in the past, and thought I did a good job, well I was wrong. She showed me how it is suppose to be done! During dinner we had a great conversation about religion and parenting and how they are two completely separate things. We exchanged war stories so to speak and had an all around good time. I have to say that the second time spending time with Corinne's Mom was a lot more enjoyable then the first. she is a very interesting person with interesting view points on things if nothing else.

Tomorrow we go to Disneyland, and I am pretty stoked about this! I missed going this year with my brothers and some of my friends due to my new jobs training starting the day they went. Cool part is that it has been less then a month since we were here and now I am back going to Disneyland, and they all are back in Utah where I can only assume it is snowing and miserably cold. I get the great pleasure of not only going to the happiest place on Earth, but I get to do it with some Disney experts! This will be my fourth time to Disneyland and I feel like I have more or less done the same thing every time. i want so badly to do something different this time! I can't believe I have really experienced everything yet. Can you really experience everything in Disneyland? I think not. I think this is what keeps it such a magical place. Because even if you go all the time, there is always something new to see, or do, or experience. This will be my first time seeing it during the holiday celebration. The castle is all done up for Christmas and the rest of the park too. I even hear they have snow there, so guess what Utah? I get 70 degree weather AND snow!

More on the morrow. Bye bye

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous your there again!!! And yeah we need more females playing WoW!

    ReplyDelete